Discover Things To Do in Staples
From outdoor adventures to history and culture, you won’t run out of things to do in Staples, MN.
- -Discover a relaxing walk in our 10-acre Living Legacy Gardens.
- -Discover Minnesota’s longest pier at Dower Lake Recreation Area—while you’re there, play a round at the disc golf course, go for a swim, or do some boating.
- -Discover a one-of-a-kind night out, check out the Leader Area Pig Races (it’s exactly what it sounds like).
- -Discover championship golf.
- -Discover tubing on the Crow Wing River.
- -Discover our historic train depot (that also provides daily AMTRAK rail service).
- -Discover entertaining and family-friendly events.
Discover it all, and so much more, here. Do you have questions or need help planning some things to do in Staples? Contact us!
Gather the group and hang out on the Crow Wing River! Tube rentals and put-in/take-out service available.
Golf the Vintage
Golf with friends, a league, or your family. The Vintage welcomes all play levels–including families!
Living Legacy Gardens
Stroll through a 10-acre public garden with an orchard, vineyard, a native prairie and more at the Central Lakes College Ag Center.
From playgrounds to walking paths, horseshoe pits to disc golf courses, the public parks are a great way to get outside for some fresh air and exercise.
Hike & Bike
Ride the paved Legacy Trail bike trail or explore various hiking trails in the woods for scenic views of tall evergreens and wildlife.
Music in the Park
Enjoy free, family-friendly outdoor concerts July and August during Music in the Park at Northern Pacific Park.
Baseball & Softball Fields
Catch a Staples’ Lumberbats amateur baseball game or grab a baseball field rental to play a game yourself.
Swimming & Boating
Bring the whole family to Dower Lake Recreation Area to enjoy boating, fishing, and a sandy swimming beach.
Crow Wing River
The Crow Wing River is one of the best places to kayak or canoe to for nature enthusiasts!
Staples Historic Depot
Explore rich railroad history at the Staples Historic Train Depot mini-museum.